a marshmallow is squished beneath the weight of knowledge
*snifts wine* do i detect a hint of grapes?
We freed them…but at what cost?
that ball wasn’t there to trap them
it was to protect us
The best dad joke in film history. [via]
"I saw someone do it one day, and I really liked it. I wanted it in the film. I thought it would be funny so I just put it in. I didn’t know where I was going to put it, and then we were doing the take where she’s really sick and it’s something that’s just kind of like, "What do you want when you’re sick? I don’t want anyone to talk to me. The thought of someone speaking is just…" So yeah, I just thought I’d throw it in and the director really liked it so we kept it." - Emily Blunt on improvising in The Devil Wears Prada
A user named Shaw from the TrekBBS photoshopped these pictures and. OMG
Look at Shatner. Look at Nimoy. Look at Kelley. Sulu. Uhura in the background. LOOK AT THEM.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME BILL LOOKS GOOD.
send this to your crush with no context
Face Swap Of The Week: Up.
Kim Jong Il and Bill Clinton going on an adventure.
GO WATCH THIS SHOW, HONESTLY IT IS SO AMAZING.
IF THIS POST CREATES 1 NEW PUSHING DAISIES FAN MY LIFE = MADE.
Alright let me help out then:
1) Most of the cast is female. In fact only two main characters are male.
2) Both male characters take typically non-masculine hobbies. Emerson Cod knits almost non-stop and makes pop-up books. Ned is literally called “The Pie-Maker” because he bakes homestyle pies from his mother’s method. Both are shown to be very nurturing and even maternal characters. Conversely, the women? A pair of professional travelling show performers that have gritty sexual scandals the way men usually get (see the entire “Chuck’s father” storylines), a beekeeper who is the single most positive and optimistic character imaginable, and a former professional jockey- Three of four pro athletes.
3) You could very easily make the claim Ned is asexual.
4) Yes, the storyline is about romance. But it’s also about the positive side of a love story, and their only drama lies in overcoming their inability to actually share contact.
5) A very good friend of mine recommended this show to me as “Disney for adults.” I told her it was already on my list to watch because “It’s by Bryan Fuller, from Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me.” Bryan Fuller is now most known for “Hannibal.” The same camera methods and bright colours and lighting techniques Hannibal is known for? Perfected in this show, just using a different tone- The same colour methods in reverse, upping the vivid greens and yellows instead of reds and blues, which sells emotion both ways.
7) Probably one of the best examples of a modern day fairy tale possible.
8) Narrated by Jim Dale- The narrator for the HP audio books.
I don’t know if anyone’s already added links to this, but all of these here work and if you hover over the links, an episode description shows :)
May I just say, before I saw this gifset explaining the show, I just thought that PD was about a really adorable germ-a-phobe.
Pushing Daisies is one of my all time favourite shows. Gutted it only had two season but those two seasons are PHENOMENAL!